CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, January 17, 2006 6:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor Mike McGee, Presiding
Council Members: Charelle Bowman, Darin Lowder, Eric Richardson, Jim Perry (6:14 p.m.)
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
David Bunker, City Engineer
Courtney Hammond, City Meeting Transcriber
Others: Cecil Read, Mark Edminister, Chad Kitchen, Ryan Liddiard, Jared Page - Deseret Morning News
1. This Work Session of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the City and the press notified, was called to order at 6:10 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Report from RC Management Regarding the Cedar Hills Golf Course (6:10 p.m.)
See handouts. Sales for December were similar to last year’s. The maintenance department was broken into last week. A welder and torch were stolen, locks were cut and stolen and the soda machine was broken into. The value of the welder and torch was about $300. Chad Kitchen would like the maintenance department to be under the same contract as the Pro Shop/Management to allow for better coordination. There are no new updates on reconfiguration/sale of the course. About $100,000 of merchandise was pre-ordered for the sale shop. The first orders will be in on March 1. Total revenue for 2005 was up 1.1 percent. Konrad Hildebrandt said he would like to see some calendar year expenditures.
3. Engineering Report and Discussion (6:46 p.m.)
• The Cottonwood speed table was not property engineered. Geneva Rock is going to survey the problem and remedy it.
• Canyon Heights, Plat G, was tabled in the last meeting. Plat G is a PUD and is required to be constructed per plan. The plan calls for three rock walls and a slope of 2:1 cut above the third wall. The developer, without permission of staff or Council, put a 2:1 slope up the entire slope, without the rock walls. The Council can have the contractor install the rock wall as per plan or approve what was done.
3. This work session was adjourned at 6:55 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
/s/ Kim E. Holindrake
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder