CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, March 20, 2007 6:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor Mike McGee, Presiding
Council Members: Joel Wright, Gary Maxwell, Eric Richardson, Jim Perry (6:24 p.m.), Charelle Bowman (6:48 p.m.)
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
David Bunker, City Engineer
Rich Knapp, Finance Director
Others: Sara Baldwin, Bonnie Christiansen, Delynn Rodeback
1. This Work Session of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the City and the press notified, was called to order at 6:13 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Presentation/Review of Environmental Goals/Milestones to Implement into Policy
See handouts. Sara Baldwin and Bonnie Christiansen of Utah Clean Energy and Delynn Rodeback of Rocky Mountain Power gave a presentation on renewable energy and energy efficiency. They have worked with many communities and smaller entities on clean energy campaigns. The Blue Sky program through Rocky Mountain Power allows customers to choose 100% renewable energy. Cedar Hills can become the first Blue Sky community in Utah County. To become a Blue Sky community the City government would purchase Blue Sky, set community-wide Blue Sky goals, and promote and market Blue Sky goals. Mayor McGee said he is uncomfortable with the surplus from the Blue Sky program going toward community renewable energy projects. He does not want to subsidize those projects. The Council will consider the program at budget time. C. Wright stated that he feels participating in the program would give the City a media and image boost.
3. Report on Fiscal Year 2008 Budget (July 1, 2007 to June 30, 2008)
4. Noticed agenda items for this Regular Council Meeting
5. Motion to go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-205
6. Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and Reconvene City Council Meeting
No Executive Session.
This work session was adjourned at 6:50 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder