CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, February 05, 2008 6:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor Mike McGee, Presiding
Council Members: Ken Kirk, Charelle Bowman, Eric Richardson, Jim Perry, Marisa Wright (6:20 p.m.)
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
Rachel Brown, Finance Director
Greg Robinson, Assistant to the City Manager-Planning
Courtney Hammond, City Meeting Transcriber
Eric Johnson, City Attorney (6:51 p.m.)
Others: Cliff Chandler, Scott Danzie, Bob Seegmiller
1. This work session of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the City and the press notified, was called to order at 6:08 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Discussion Items
• Presentation by Comcast (6:08 p.m.)
See handouts. Scott Danzie gave a presentation on Comcast coverage in Cedar Hills. The Cedars West and two other small portions of the City do not meet the franchise requirements because of distance from the closest distribution cable. The cost to get cable to the Public Works building would be $7,500.
• Review Quarterly Financial Statements ending December 31, 2007 (6:25 p.m.)
See handouts. Rachel Brown answered Council questions on the second quarter financials. Snow removal is way over budget. The Council would like more information on the phone system/plan at the golf course. C. Perry would like a staff presentation on the plan to cover over expenditures. There will be a budget amendment on the next agenda. C. Richardson would like to see the budget amendment reflect the fact that sales tax is above what was expected and building permits are below expected. Rachel Brown said that making the adjustments after the third quarter financials makes more sense because there will be a better picture of how the numbers will look. The Planning Commission has not been paid yet and needs to be paid.
C. Perry said that church services were cancelled in his area because the gates to the Avanyu subdivision wouldn’t open. This is a concern for emergency vehicles. Staff mentioned that these are crash gates. Staff will check to make sure that is the case.
• Motion to go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-205 (6:26 p.m.)
• Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and Reconvene Work Session (6:50 p.m.)
No Executive Session
3. This Work Session was adjourned at 7:01 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
/s/ Kim E. Holindrake
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder