CITY COUNCIL WORK SESSION
Tuesday, March 4, 2008 7:00 p.m.
Public Safety Building
3925 W Cedar Hills Drive, Cedar Hills, Utah
Present: Mayor Mike McGee, Presiding
Council Members: Marisa Wright, Jim Perry, Ken Kirk, Eric Richardson
Konrad Hildebrandt, City Manager
Kim Holindrake, City Recorder
David Bunker, City Engineer
Greg Robinson, Assistant to the City Manager-Planning
Rachel Brown, Finance Director
Others: Jason Garrard, Kirk Garrard, Kirk Dunn (6:48), Lyndell Dunn (6:48)
1. This work session of the City Council of the City of Cedar Hills, having been posted throughout the city and the press notified, was called to order at 6:08 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
2. Discussion Items
• Tour City Facilities
The City Council toured the Public Safety Building (City Offices) located at 3925 W Cedar Hills Drive and then the Public Works Building located at 10246 N Canyon Road.
C. Kirk stated that the layout is different than his impression from the schematic from the last Council meeting. His opinion has changed and wants to finish the entire room at the public works building. C. Perry questioned why the records room was built at the Public Works Building when the City Recorder is at the Public Safety Building. Konrad Hildebrandt stated that there is a concern of water lines breaking in the Public Safety Building. The Public Works Building was built to house the records. It isn’t as convenient but is safer for the records. C. Perry stated that it is an issue if the Recorder is getting into those records every hour. C. Kirk proposed keeping the current year and one year past at the Public Safety Building. C. Richardson stated that there is a cheaper option of using that area right now if needed. Just carpet, data, and a hole in the wall would complete that room for the public works techs. If the room is not going to be used for records, then it’s an easy spot for a couple thousand dollars. If the records space can be used for office space, great. If not, build a recorders office and deputy recorders office there so they are close to the records. All options should be explored.
• Report on Fiscal Year 2008 Budget (July 1, 2008 to June 30, 2009)
• Noticed agenda items for this Regular Council Meeting
• Motion to go into Executive Session, Pursuant to Utah State Code 52-4-205
• Motion to Adjourn Executive Session and Reconvene Work Session
No Executive Session.
3. This Work Session was adjourned at 7:00 p.m. by Mayor McGee.
Kim E. Holindrake, City Recorder